Domaine Mercouri "Cava" 2015
Availability: Out of stock
- Buy 6 for €21.90 each and save 8%
Dry, Still, Red, Refosco, Mavrodafni, Ages well, 14% alc.
The timing was great 'ally' in this wine. After four years of patience on the estate, with Cava Mercouri be matured slowly, away from prying eyes, it's time to get your glass having developed at this time, unparalleled refinement, grace and aromatic complexity.
'Chic' nose, no flare, in which one can see some very light elements 'deliberate oxidation' (the result of 18 months of maturing wine in the barrel), which contributes to the incredibly aromatic complexity of the wine. Sophisticated fruity character of black fruits and plum, which is surrounded by spices, vanilla, cinnamon, dark chocolate and herbal notes, while standing for an hour in the glass enriches the 'bouquet' with hints of tobacco, leather and 'raw' meat. In the mouth the wine has a 'power', but retains its elegance and again against the tumor. The tannins are fine-grained, highly structured, with the aromatic features found in the nose, confirm their presence in the mouth, with the barrel elements lead to a very complex, long term and ongoing, in flavors of caramel and dried fruit aftertaste . If you show patience exhibited by the producer, and further aging, the wine will reward you whenever you open it within the next 10 years. If you open it directly, the wine will develop fully the 'bouquet', after transfusion carafe.
Write Your Own Review
|Producer's Description|| Varietal composition: b> 80% Refosco dal peduncolo rosso, 20% Mafrodafni
Place of production: b> The privately owned vineyards of Domaine Mercouri in Korakochori Ilia West Peloponniso
Production Method: b> Classic red vinification with selected yeasts and control thermokrasias.
Color: b> Deep kokkino
Perfume: b> red fruit with hints of chocolate, ripe plum, tobacco and leather harmony with aromas of vanilla and cinnamon vareliou
Harmonically dishes: b> Grilled meats, white and red, stews, game and hard tyria.
Maturation period: b> 18 months in French oak varelia.
Aging potential: b> More than 10 years.
|Intl Grape Variety||Refosco|
|Greek Grape Variety||Mavrodafni|
|Quality category||Λετρίνοι ΠΓΕ|
|When to Drink||Ages well|
|Taste Character||Red dense with great complexity|
|Excellent match with||Κόκκινα κρέατα και ‘κυνήγι’ με περίπλοκες σάλτσες και τρόπους μαγειρέματος, όπως αγριογούρουνο στη γάστρα, μαγειρεμένο με μαρινάτα κόκκινου κρασιού, spices και μαύρη σοκολάτα.|
|Good match with||Cheese Hard Yellow Intense / Salty, Meat Beef Grilled, Meat Beef Roasted, Meat Lamb Grilled, Meat Lamb Roasted, Κυνήγι Ψητό Σχάρας|
|Awards|| 2009 b>
• INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION ThESSALONIKIS "Domaine Mercouri Cava" 2004: Silver b>
• CONCOURS MONDIAL, Velgio "Domaine Mercouri Cava" 2004: Silver b>
• VERONAFIERE, Italia "Domaine Mercouri Cava" 2004: Gran Menzione b>
• BPABEIA GOURMET, Ellada "Domaine Mercouri Cava" 2004: Wine of the Year b>
• INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION ThESSALONIKIS "Domaine Mercouri Cava" 2004: Asimenio 2007 b>
• DECANTER WORLD WINE AWARDS, U.K. "Domaine Mercouri Cava" 2003: Silver b>
• CHALLENGE INTERNATIONAL DU VIN, France "Domaine Mercouri Cava" 2003: Silver b>
• CONCORSO ENOLOGICO INTERNAZIONALE, VINITALY "Domaine Mercouri Cava" 2003: Gran Menzione b>