Grande Cuvee Nemea 2016
Availability: In stock
- Buy 6 for €17.30 each and save 8%
Dry, Still, Red, Agiorgitiko, Ages well, 13.5% alc.
Nemea elaborate international profile. The beautiful aromas of the variety typically framed by spicy oak barrel influence and velvety tannins that give personality to the wine.
Classical label Nemea OPAP, facing the historic red wine with a cosmopolitan eye. George Skouras has put his creative touch to give this wine a uniqueness that makes it special and much loved.
Write Your Own Review
|Producer's Description|| Category: b> Dry Red
Rank: b> Wine Appellation of Origin of Superior Quality (OPAP) Nemea
Varieties: b> Agiorgitiko 100%
Vineyards: b> Mountainous Corinthia (height 950 m)
dominant soil type: b> Red clay, rich in metalla
Age of vines: b> 18 eti
Yields: b> 850 kg / ha (51 hl. / ha.)
Vinification / Maturation: b> Alcoholic fermentation and extraction in stainless steel tanks at 23 ˚ C.
Metazymotiki extraction at 20 ˚ C.
Extracted and fermented in stainless steel tanks. Full malolactic fermentation and aging in new French barriques for 12 months and 6 months in bottle. Red fruits, blackberries, plums, spice, mineral tone, vanilla, accented acidity, ripe tannins, exuberant stoma.
Tasting notes: b> The color is bright, clear, deep ruby. The nose has depth, strength and density. The aromatic character is focused in red fruits such as cherry, raspberry and red cherries with bacharenious characters, aromas of dried herbs and a touch metallikotitas. In the mouth is medium to full-bodied with an interesting acidity and very good quality tannins and dominate aromas of red fruits, earth and metal together with tobacco and spices. The aftertaste is long, complicated by continuous evolution.
|Greek Grape Variety||Agiorgitiko|
|Quality category||Νεμέα ΠΟΠ|
|When to Drink||Ages well|
|Taste Character||Red intense and tannic|
|Excellent match with||Γουρουνόπουλο στο φούρνο, κόκορας με χυλοπίτες, μοσχάρι γιουβέτσι, μπριζόλες στα κάρβουνα|
|Good match with||Meat Beef Cooked Red, Meat Beef Grilled, Meat Pork Grilled, Meat Pork Roasted, Poultry Casseroles Red|
|Awards|| Large Gold Medal b>
* Vintage 2005, Thessaloniki International Wine Competition 2008
Gold Medal b>
* Vintage 2007, Berliner Wein Trophy 2011
* Vintage 2006, Thessaloniki International Wine Competition 2009
* Vintage 2003, Thessaloniki International Wine Competition 2005
* Vintage 2005, Mundus Vini 2007
Silver Medal b>
* Vintage 2007, AWC Vienna International Wine Challenge 2011 & Mundus Vini 2011 & Thessaloniki International Wine Competition 2009
* Vintage 2006, Thessaloniki International Wine Competition 2008
* Vintage 2004, Thessaloniki International Wine Competition 2007
* Vintage 2004, Concours Mondial De Bruxelles 2007
* Vintage 2005, Thessaloniki International Wine Competition 2007
Bronze Medal b>
* Vintage 2005, IWSC 2008
Three Stars b>
* Vintage 2005, Prowein 2008
Two Star b>
* Vintage 2007, Prowein 2011
a star b>
* Vintage 2007, Prowein 2012
* Vintage 2006, Prowein 2010